January 28, 2009

TMI

I'm quickly realizing that I can't eat the same way I did when I was a teenager. Two words: gas and indigestion. Sorry if that TMI, but it's true. That's just a side note. I just needed to vent a bit about this gigantic bubble I've got building in my small intestine. Quite rumbly.

So the reason I've neglected to write is this: my decisions have been very poor since Saturday and I'm ashamed. From the greasy buscuit on Saturday morning, to the Night O' Margaritas with the roommates on Monday, to today's Country's chicken fingers...yep. It's been bad. Oh, I'm so ashamed! I really didn't want to tell you guys all that; but I knew I had to.

I think this proves my long time suspicion that I'm an emotional eater. I never wanted to label myself as that, but I'm facing the truth now. Saturday, my mom made me so angry = Greasy Burger King Sausage Biscuit (ugh. It sounds so gross now.) Monday, I was soooo stressed at work; I decided that that stress deserved a little liquid relaxation = Viva El Toro Margarita (then trip to the liquor store across the street to get more to make at home. Yeah.) Today, I am mad at myself that I've made so many bad decisions lately regarding food that I guess my thought was, 'What the hell?' = Country's FRIED Chicken Fingers.

So new beginnings, right?

Right.

I'm joining a gym today. Going back to the Y. Was a member awhile back and liked it a lot. It's the only place that I think I'll actually go. It's right down the street from work, so I can't let myself go home first and get comfortable and lazy. And it's only $29 a month. I think that's well worth it.

I need to set some realistic goals, I think.

Ok, so here are my goals:
1. One year from today, January 28, 2010, I will be 75 pounds lighter.
2. By May 28, 2009, I will have lost 25 pounds. That's 1 1/2 pounds per week.
3. By September 28, 2009, I will have lost 50 pounds. That's 1 1/2 pounds per week.
4. By January 28, 2010, I will have lost 75 pounds. That's 1 1/2 pounds per week.

I think those are pretty realistic, don't you?

I need to get mean so I get lean...those are going to be my fighting words against Rotel dip, against margaritas, against chicken fingers, against pizza, chips, sweet tea, ice cream, cheese, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, quesadillas, burritos, beer, movie theater popcorn, candy, against laziness too.

Woo hoo! I'm fired up!

2 comments:

SalBake said...

Way to go, champ! That Ann Taylor dress is calling!

April said...

You can do it, Peyton!!!