September 17, 2010

Conversations from last night...

Like texts from last night but better because we were using our larynx's to communicate, not our phalanges. (Man, that was a weird sentence.)


There was a picnic blanket involved. There was fried chicken. There was a massive outdoor movie screen. There were coolers. There was grass (no, not that kind). Oh, and there was, of course, wine.

I attended an outdoor movie last night with a bunch of friends. The setting was perfect: in a field overlooking the beautiful (I use that term quite loosely here) Chattahoochee River (more widely known as simply "The Hooch".) The food was delish. The company was at its wittiest. And the wine was flowing.

I'm in a fun mood this Friday afternoon and thought some of the bits and pieces of our conversations last night might make you chuckle. Either that, or it'll be one big "you had to be there" story. Oh well.

"Who's eating our melons?"

"That old couple over there has been making out all night long. How sweet."
"Ugh. That's not sweet, that's gross."
"That's not gross, that's sweet!"
"No, definitely gross. He's wearing tube socks."

"I had the biggest crush on him in high school. Fantasies were involved."

"Is there an elephant over there?"
"What? An orca? As in whale? With a blowhole?"

"Do you think I can stuff this whole thing in my mouth?" (Cotton candy that is.)


"Ah!"
"What? What?"
"A roach was heading straight for my FACE!"

I'll be honest, I don't remember much after the sugar from the cotton candy wad got into my bloodstream. Or wait, was that the wine I drank? There was lots more crazy funny stuff. I haven't laughed that much in quite awhile.

Anyway, ya'll have a good weekend. Catch ya on the flip side, homies.

No comments: