March 2, 2010

Just call me DJ Pidazzle Frazzle

(By the way, if I ever start turning tables in clubs, this WILL BE my DJ name.)

I know you're just dying to know what's on my ipod.

I gotta have music in my ears when I work out, otherwise, I'd go crazy from hearing the old men grunt and the word vomit coming from the cheerleaders next to me. So when I take that first step onto that godforsaken treadmill, I gotta get into a good, happy place and I do that by listening to these songs:

7 days to change your life - Jamie Cullum
83 - John Mayer
Do you think I'm sexy - Rod Stewart

You would not think I am sexy. Sports bras do nothing for my figure. (Ok, maybe it's less the sports bras fault and more the icecream I keep in constant stock in my freezer's fault.) So Rod's got me loosened up and ready to go - OHHH! Boom! That's what she said!

Then I take it up juuuuuust a notch with:

We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel
Call me - Blondie
Sweet child o' mine - Guns N Roses
Born to boogie - Hank Williams Jr.
Stitched up - Herbie Hancock feat. John Mayer
Mamo no. 5 - Lou Bega
Summer jam summer jam - Quad City Dj's
Fat bottomed girls - Queen
Ignition (remix) - R. Kelly
Right now - Van Halen

Whaaa? Hank Jr. and Lou Bega on the same list?! Yes, yes, and R. Kelly. And have you heard that Van Halen song? Yeah, it'll make you want to fight. After this, I'm ready to tear through walls like the Kool-Aid man, so the natural progression would be Kanye, right?

American boy - Estelle feat. Kanye West
Stronger - Kanye West
Gold digger - Kanye West feat. Jamie Fox
Get low - Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz
This is how we do it - Montell Jordan
Hey ya - Outkast
C'mon n' ride it (the train) - Quad City Dj's
Push it - Salt-N-Pepa
Carry out - Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake
Cantaloop (flip fantasia) - US3
Gettin' jiggy wit it - Will Smith
We trying to stay alive - Wyclef Jean
In da club (dirty) - 50 Cent

To the window! To the wall! The sweat dripped down my...forehead? So I've peaked (Boom! TWSS!) and ready to slow it down a bit.

Shattered - The Rolling Stones
Miami - Will Smith
LaGrange - ZZ Top
Take your mama - Scissor Sisters

Shadoobee! And now, for a complete cool down:

Peaceful Easy Feeling - The Eagles
Lights - Journey
Bright Lights - Matchbox 20
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett

See you at El Vaquero! 'Cause I've earned a margarita after all that, right?!?

What songs do you like working out to?
**************************************************************
Update:

This mix is also proving to be very motivational in being productive at work.
Also, I wanted you all to know that I only listen to the clean versions. There certainly are a lot of holes in Lil Jon's "Get low".

No comments: