November 22, 2010

Gone Fishin'

I was contacted not long ago about doing an article for an online publication called Bloodknot Magazine. If you click on that link, it will take you to website about fishing - fly fishing to be exact. Now you're probably thinking, "Wait a minute. Fishing? But Peyton likes throwing dinner parties and drinking wine and eating donuts. Fishing?"

Yes, fishing.

A lot of my childhood was spent with a pole in my hand (and usually a bare hook at the end of my line). Fishing connected me with something my dad loved to do, and because he loved it, I loved it too. I wouldn't say I'm a great fisherwoman; but I love the practice of it, I love hooking one, I love eating them.

So although I'm certainly no master at fishing, I did have a story to tell about it. And you can find it in the Bitch Creek section of this online publication here.

Now I'm off to see if I can find a recipe for donut hushpuppies.

2 comments:

Southern Renaissance Man said...

Congrats on the article Peyton. It's a great read and way to represent the Chicks in the Sticks!

PS - M.C.F.F. (Marion County Frog Fry) for life, yo!!

MRB said...

I'm sorry, but donut hushpuppies sounds WAY better than Blood Knot! Looking forward to your next story!